Hot Jobs to watch out for in Technology 2021
A survey we carried out in May 2020 showed 81% of our 1200 global respondents had shifted to remote work options within the first three months of the crisis.
Fast forward to May 2021. Organizations have comfortably adopted a new hybrid work structure, with most major organizations announcing permanent work-from-home options for their employees.
This type of hybrid model requires a new kind of technical skillset—professionals who share expertise in enabling remote working with cloud-based skills that could deploy systems like AWS, while also combating new vulnerabilities linking private accounts and WiFi routers—a symbiotic coming together of the professional life with the personal.
Our dependency on technology today leads us to the need for future-proofing organizations with talent specializing in data, communications, business, product understanding, security, and technical know-how.
That’s not all. The pandemic has also pushed forward the diversity, equity, and inclusion agenda for most tech firms, paving the way for a new type of HR and People leader with a real understanding of an inclusive and diverse culture.
A few global skills that stand out related to trending roles in technology include innovation, flexibility, and inspirational leadership alongside strategic agility. That said, here are the top hot jobs to watch out for in the technology sector:
- Chief Product Officer
- Chief Data Science Officers/Chief Analytics Officers/Analytics Guru
- Chief Technology Officers
- Chief Security Officers/Chief Information Security Officer
- Chief Cybersecurity Officer
- CFOs with public company experience particularly due to the rising cases of SPACs
- Chief Revenue Officers for go-to-market and sales strategies
- Customer Success Officers
- Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officers
Watch the video for more insight by Bill Bozeman, CEO and President of PSA Security, as he discusses the evolving role of CISOs.