Cigna Announces Executive Changes for Cigna and Evernorth
Cigna Corporation has announced the following changes to the executive teams of Cigna and Evernorth, effective January 1, 2021:
- Eric Palmer has been promoted to President and Chief Operating Officer of Evernorth. He has served Cigna since 1998 in a variety of finance and actuarial leadership positions. He will report to Tim Wentworth, Chief Executive Officer of Evernorth.
- Brian Evanko will serve as Executive Vice President of Cigna. He most recently served as President of Cigna’s U.S. Government Business, where he was responsible for Medicare Advantage, Government Pharmacy, Medicaid, Individual and Family Plans and Cigna Supplemental Benefits. Additionally, he led CareAllies and Cigna Medical Group in his former role.
- Matt Manders will become President of Government and Solutions for Cigna. Matt most recently served as President of Strategy and Solutions for the company. Throughout his three-decade long career with Cigna, Matt has served in numerous executive leadership roles.
- Everett Neville will take on the role of Executive Vice President of Strategy and Business Development for Cigna. He most recently led as Senior Vice President and Chief Value Officer of Cigna. He previously spent over two decades with Express Scripts, ultimately as Executive Vice President.
- Aparna Abburi has been appointed President of Medicare. Prior to Cigna, she was President of the Medicare division for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas. She has also held leadership roles with Centene and UnitedHealth Group.
- Amy Bricker will lead as President of Express Scripts, where she will oversee supply chain and drug procurement, as well as Evernorth’s pharmacy benefit management services. Amy has served Express Scripts in several executive roles throughout her tenure, most recently as Senior Vice President of Supply Chain. She has also held leadership positions with Walgreens and BJC Healthcare.
Cigna, a global health service company, offers health, pharmacy, dental, supplemental insurance and Medicare plans to individuals, families, and businesses. Based in Bloomfield, CT, the company has a global workforce of more than 70,000 employees. Cigna generated total revenues of $153.6 billion in 2019.