Danske Bank Reorganizes And Announces Executive Changes
Beginning January 1, 2021, Danske Bank will reorganize its commercial activities into two business units: 1. Personal & Business Customers and 2. Large Corporate & Wholesale Customers. The changes will take place for simplification and increased efficiency.
- Glenn Söderholm will lead the Personal & Business Customers unit
- Berit Behring will oversee the Large Corporate & Wholesale Customers business unit
- Jakob Groot, Head of Danske’s Corporate and Institutions unit, will be leaving the company due to the reorganization
- Karsten Breum, Head of Group HR, will join the Executive Leadership Team
- A new Group Leadership Team (GLT) is expected to be announced in October. The goal of the group is to allow for faster decision making and implementation. The GLT will consist of the Executive Leadership team and various senior leaders chosen for the initiative.
Danske Bank A/S engages in the provision of services in the fields of banking, mortgage finance, insurance, pension, real estate brokerage, asset management, and trading in fixed income products, foreign exchange, and equities. Danske Bank’s revenue is $16 billion, and the company employs 22,000 people. The company is based in Copenhagen, Denmark.